Ludo has always been a popular strategy board game mainly because of its simplicity. It’s a game that originated from India but it also came to English countries in the 1890s. It’s been around for so long, but it remains popular as a great past-time game.
With the advent of technology, Ludo has also come to digital platforms. It’s been a popular game downloaded on mobile devices, so players can compete with their friends or even with random players online.
Today, you can make your Ludo gameplay much more thrilling by downloading a Ludo real money betting app. Many online casinos have now wholeheartedly embraced this classic and turned it into a competitive game that gives you the chance to win real money.
So, if you’re passionate about playing Ludo and want to figure out a way to gain potential profits from it, this one’s for you.
How to Play Ludo
Not sure how to play the game just yet? Don’t worry, it’s simple and easy to learn even if you’ve never heard of it before.
To begin your Ludo journey, the first step is always to find a reputable online casino or gaming platform that offers Ludo games. Once you have chosen a reliable platform and registered an account, you’ll be ready to dive into the exciting world of online Ludo.
Now, if you’re not ready to play with real money just yet, some online casinos offer free versions of this game. You also have the option to play this on non-gambling sites as you can also download Ludo games on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Ludo is a classic board game that can be played by two to four players. The game board consists of a square with a cross-shaped path divided into four coloured quadrants. Each player has four tokens or pieces that start in their respective home base.
The objective of the game is to move all your tokens from the home base to the centre of the board, known as the “home” or “finish” area.
Check out this step-by-step guide on how to play the game:
- Setting up: Each player chooses a colour and places their four tokens in their home base, which is the starting position.
- Rolling the dice: The first player rolls the dice to determine the number of spaces they can move. The dice roll can result in numbers 1 to 6.
- Moving the tokens: Based on the number rolled, the player can choose to move one of their tokens out of the home base and onto the starting point. If a 6 is rolled, you’ll get an extra turn.
- Advancing on the board: After moving a token onto the starting point, subsequent dice rolls determine the number of spaces the token can move along the cross-shaped path. Tokens can move forward, following the path’s coloured quadrants, or switch to an adjacent path if the player rolls a specific number or lands on a designated spot.
- Capturing opponents’ tokens: If a player’s token lands on a space occupied by an opponent’s token, the opponent’s token is sent back to its home base, and the player’s token takes its place.
- Reaching the home area: Tokens continue to advance until they reach the player’s home area. To enter the home area, a token must land on the exact space using the exact number rolled. Once a token reaches the home area, it cannot be captured by opponents.
The first player to move all their tokens into the home area wins the game. The same rules pretty much apply to its online casino counterpart. However, you might find Ludo games with more twists.
We highly recommend that you play a free version of the same real money game first, so you get to familiarize yourself with the game’s features. As you play the game, that’s when you can develop strategies that can help improve your chances of winning.
Remember, Ludo involves both strategy and luck. Players must strategically choose which token to move, considering the position of their opponents’ tokens and the most advantageous moves available.
Pay attention to dice rolls, plan your moves wisely, and aim to navigate your tokens to the home area while hindering your opponents’ progress.
Ultimately, this is the perfect casino game for you if you don’t want to rely on pure luck. Since you get to face different opponents, it’s also a game that won’t bore you easily.