July is just around the corner and as the middle month of summer, it brings along some of the best opportunities for parties, vacations, and lazy Saturdays by the pool. While you’re getting ready for your summer fun, be sure you remember to check out some of these hot summer items to get your summer started.
Summer styles are on the shelves. Check out some of the hottest trends in fashion for your July parties and vacations:
- Mixing and matching solids and prints. For both men and women, floral patterns are in this year, so consider picking up some statement floral pieces to mix and match with some solids in your existing wardrobe.
- Bright colors. Specifically bright reds and greens are very big this year, so while you are picking up some statement floral items, consider also choosing some in bright and eye-catching colors.
- Casual and stylish. Summer is all about looking good but feeling comfortable, so plan your July outfits based on making comfortable and stylish transitions from the pool to the party to the bar. Choose some comfy cardigans in solid colors to layer over soft cotton tees and jeans or shorts for a comfortable look that will be stylish on the boardwalk and at the backyard BBQ.
- Summer upscale party looks are all about looking transitioning easily from the poolside to the bar. Fill up your closet with easy layer items that you can add on as the night starts to get cooler that will also dress up your look a little bit.
- Don’t forget your 4th of July look! Stylish and patriotic looks are definitely in right now, so mix and match some American flag prints with some basic solids for an easy and stylish look. Try a distressed flag pattern tee shirt under a cardigan or get a pair of American Flag pants to wear with a dark navy blazer.
Choosing Summer Wardrobe Staples
There are, of course, a few items you will definitely need to make any summer complete. Don’t forget these items when you are doing your summer shopping:
- A few good pairs of shorts in different, solid, bright colors. Shorter shorts are in style for men this year so don’t be afraid to try out a slightly different look if you’re used to wearing longer shorts.
- A few sturdy pairs of jeans that can transition easily from the boardwalk to activities like bike riding or hiking.
- Some reliable jackets and hoodies that can be dressed up and down.
- Reliable soft cotton tees in horizontal stripes and bright colors.
- A new bathing suit. For men, shorter trunks are in style this year, but if you don’t feel comfortable with these shorter styles, choose some longer trunks in bright and eye-catching patterns and designs.
- Layers for bathing suits. Choose something comfortable and warm, but stylish so that you can go straight from the beach to the bar. Nice looks might include well-cut tees and sweaters to throw on when leaving the pool.
- Beach bags or backpack, sandals or flip flops, and beach towels. You’ll be using these items as a set all summer, so you might as well come up with a combo you really like.
- Comfortable shoes that can be dressed up. Check out comfortable boating style loafers to be an easy transition shoe throughout the season.
- Skin protection. Nothing ruins your summer look like a bad sunburn so don’t forget to choose a non-greasy sunscreen that will keep your protected and don’t forget to reapply throughout the day.
- Good hair styling. Get a summer haircut that stays looking nice at the beach and doesn’t require too much fuss. Get hair product that works well with a bit of a salt sea air influence from the beach.
Choosing looks for the summer is all about finding ways to feel stylish and comfortable. Think about your lifestyle and the kind of summer vacation you like best to come up with some outfits that are versatile and comfortable and give you the good summer-season confidence boost.