Cold-Weather Fabrics are essential for any man, so lets start with every Englishman’s favourite autumn/winter fabric: tweed. It’s a strong fabric and you need to understand how to look after it. Also you need to know how to wear it for this coming winter.
Tweed How To Wash It
Tweed is tough and very durable and due to the way that’s it’s weaved it comes in all kinds of colours and patterns, such as hound stooth, Prince of Wales or windowpane check. If it comes to my opinion I would suggest you invest in a grey three-piece tweed suit. No matter which way you break it down or split the suit up, you’ve always got three excellent tweed pieces to work with. Now how do you maintain this tweed clothing as you typically cannot just wash and dry it.
- First and foremost, do not forget to pay attention to the label. It would help to read not only the instructions indicated by the manufacturer, but also the content of the fabric. Take into account that tweeds may vary in quality and durability, hence the need to treat each item as a special case.
- Avoid using harsh laundry detergents, and do not forget to be extra gentle when washing. When you feel the need to machine-dry, choose a reliable unit with a variety of operating options. In addition, remember that when wool fabrics are wet, they tend to increase in weight. This may distort the garment’s shape.
- To dry tweed clothing, lay each garment flat on a drying surface such as a towel. Should you use a machine to dry your items, use the lightest setting available and do not ever prolong spinning time.
- To further keep your tweed clothing in tip-top condition, you also need to employ proper storage techniques. For your jackets, use thick or padded hangers to retain their shape. Pants, shirts and other tweed clothing may be properly folded and stored flat.
- Additionally, choose a cool and dry storage location to prevent moths and other pests from damaging your tweeds. For long-term maintenance, wrap them in plastic and tuck them inside a sturdy chest or cabinet when not in use. Most of all wear your tweed with fashion confidence.
You can now find a wide variety of pieces made from tweed at varying price points. Primark’s ridiculously affordable AW14 collaboration with Harris Tweed now opens the door let alone your wardrobe. Whether it’s a herringbone flat cap or a pair of brown Donegal tweed suit trousers. If you buy something from PRIMARK. Please send us a tweet or drop us an e-mail. I am curious to read about what you think about its quality let alone your thoughts on TWEED. Who better to endorse the Tweed fabric than Greg Minnaar three time world champion is wearing Harris Tweed have a listen to what he has to say about Harris Tweed.