Some fashion trends never go out of style, and cuffed or turn-up shorts are the perfect example. Something about them that says summer. The questions that needs to be asked while trying to find shorts for you are, how can I maximise the way I look when wearing cuffed shorts? Different labels look good on different men. So work out which shop works for you. Then, It all comes down to the prints you choose. By keeping all your clothes within a fairly consistent color theme, especially a dark one, will create an illusion of height.
Short Versus Tall
If your shorter then you want people’s eyes to focus more on your face. So when you do wear different colours or different shades of the same colour, try to weight the darker colors toward the bottom half of your body. That way people’s attention starts down near your feet and travels upward. Dark shorts with a lighter top create a lengthening effect. On the contrast, a darker top with lighter cuffed shorts, make you look less tall.
Your Shorts Type
- Classic shorts hit 3-5 inches above the knee. They can be dressed up or down. Both loose and tight-fitting cuffed shorts look good. Be careful when choosing, it’s simple if you think it does not look good then opt for another style. If not just have the cuff not to far from your knee.
- Most menswear is deliberately cut loose to accommodate as many body types as possible. Clothing marked small isn’t made for one type of small; it’s often made to try to accommodate shorter men.
- If you are tall then go for the skinny type cuffed shorts.
Team Your Shorts With
- Cuffed shorts can be teamed with any top. Weather is be a T-shirt, sweater or shirt it states summer cool. I also find loose cardigans look very edgy indeed. The summer blazer looks perfect with cuffed shorts it just give an overall balanced look. I find with your cuffed shorts depending on the fabrics used, make sure your top is opposite. So if you cuffed shorts are plain then go for a fabric with patterns.
- It’s summer so opt for sandals and let your cuffed shorts do the talking.